Best places to stay in Panama City Beach, Florida – TOP AREAS & HOTELS
So you are thinking about taking a vacation in Panama City Beach (PCB), with its beautiful beaches, lovely walks, peaceful neighborhoods but also superb nightlife.
This is the great thing about this destination. You can literally find all you want, based on which area you decide to stay.
But let me go straight to the point: the best place to stay in Panama City Beach is Long Beach where you will find all you need for your vacation, the best for an overall experience.
In saying that, there are other options you might want to consider if you’d like more private time, a secluded vacation location, or a quiet family getaway.
Are you planning the Panama City Beach Spring Break? I will give you more information down on that, because things are a bit different at that time of the year.
Are you on a limited budget? You can still find some good value for money in vacation rentals and hotels and I will tell you where.
It’s now time to look at the advantages and disadvantages of each area of this top waterfront resort on the Florida Panhandle.
Long Beach is the best place to stay in Panama City Beach because:
- One of the most beautiful beaches in the US (to be honest, as most of the Florida coastline facing the Gulf of Mexico)
- There is a wide choice of cafes, restaurants and bars, including a few clubs
- It is the best area to stay in Panama City Beach for nightlife, however, book your hotel on the far east or west of Long Beach and you will have a quiet time
- Direct access to Panama City, where you can explore the Historic Downtown and St. Andrews
- It is the best place to stay in Panama City Beach for couples looking for a mix of beach time and bars/restaurants to spend the rest of the day.
- It works well for both a short and long stay
The weakest points:
- this area does not come cheap, although you can still find some bargains, but you need to lower your expectation on the quality side
- crowded during the Spring Break, this may be a positive thing if you are down for party, otherwise it may be too overwhelming and other areas work better
- it can be noisy in the central area, a place to avoid if traveling with kids
- big condos are all along the beach (of course, if you sleep there you have a beautiful view